Monterey County Property Management
Let Us Manage Your Monterey County Rental Property
Backus Properties specializes in individual attention and personal service. Owners may customize their services to reflect the involvement they wish to have, and the level of personal attention they require.
We are so confident in our ability to choose tenants and manage the property that we offer a program to guarantee the rent will be collected.
Monterey County Property Management Fees:
Our normal management fee is 10% of each month's collected rents, with a minimum of $120 per house or $100 per multiple units up to 15. The management fee is 8% for 3 or more units.
What we do as your Monterey County Property Manager
- Collection of rents
- Service of tenant notices
- Appearance at eviction court
- Repairs handled as owner directs
- Emergency repairs handled 24 hrs, 7 days a week
- Arranging advertising at vacancy
- Showing properties available for rent
- Screening applications, writing of lease agreement, addenda, collection of deposits, transfer of utilities
- Regular assessments
- Deposit refund evaluation and statement
- Preparing property for re-rent
- Monthly disbursements of funds by electronic transfer or check
- Monthly statement to owner(s) (available on paper or online)
Other Monterey County Property Management Services Available:
- Lease Only : for owners who want to manage their own property but need assistance on the rental process: 6% of the annual rent, minimum $1,000.
- Eviction Protection : for an additional management fee of $20 per month, Backus Properties will pay the approximate $1000 to $2000 +/- attorney fee should an eviction filing become necessary for any reason.
We conduct extensive screening on all tenants and handle everything from
moving your qualified tenant into their new home, rent collection,
and handling maintenance issues.
We make sure you get paid on time, every time. You no longer have to worry
about rent showing up in your bank account because we take care of everything
so you have to worry about nothing.
We can customize the handling of maintenance to fit your needs and
ensure all maintenance issues are addressed in a timely manner.
With our detailed financial reporting tools, it's never been easier to keep
tabs on your investment. Log into your owner portal to view statements and
stay in tune with how your investment is performing.
In the unfortunate event that a tenant needs to be evicted from your rental,
for a small monthly fee, we will cover the cost of a simple uncontested
eviction (some restrictions apply) and ensure your investment is protected.